Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions from patients
Remote patient monitoring is a technology to collect physiological data to enable monitoring of patients outside of conventional clinical settings, such as in the home or in a remote area.
This data is used by the patient’s healthcare provider to better manage chronic conditions which may improve patient’s health outcomes and decrease healthcare costs.
Intelligent Billing and Coding System: StreamVitals uses the latest billing guidelines and payment reconciliation to create a recommended bill for each visit and chronic care period. The codes we use are:
CPT Code 99453
Remote monitoring of physiologic parameter(s) (eg, weight, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, respiratory flow rate), initial set-up and patient education on use of equipment.
One time setup/education of $21
CPT Code 99454
(Equipment & Monitoring)
Remote monitoring of physiologic parameter(s) (eg, weight, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, respiratory flow rate), initial; device(s) supply with daily recording(s) or programmed alert(s) transmission, each 30 days
$69.00 per patient/month
CPT Code 99457
Remote physiologic monitoring treatment management services, 20 minutes or more of clinical staff/physician/other qualified healthcare professional time in a calendar month requiring interactive communication with the patient/ caregiver during the month
$54.00 per patient/month
CPT Code 99458
Remote physiologic monitoring treatment management services, clinical staff/physician/other qualified health care professional time in a calendar month requiring interactive communication with the patient/caregiver during the month; additional 20 minutes
$46.00 per patient/month
Our typical process is as follows:
- Onboarding meeting
- Patient List validated for eligible patients
- Patient enrollment begins
- Patients give consent to participate
- Devices shipped to patients
- Practice training on how to use the StreamVitals platform scheduled
- StreamVitals Care Manager calls patient to setup device and take first reading
- StreamVitals monitors the patient's results and escalates to practice if the patient shows a reading out of standard diagnostic ranges.
- StreamVitals billing engine runs fortnightly for reimbursements (subject to our medical terms and conditions)